Saturday 25 February 2017

Reflection of one year after....

This post supposed to be on January 16th, that day one year ago I left Germany with my two backpacks to start a completely new life. But I was a bit busy the last days and finally here it is.
Reflection of one year after....A year full of joy and happiness, some tears, some doubts, but with a lot of new experience, new ideas, new me.
I left into a completely new situation, having no idea what is going to expect me and first went to Goa/India again, to finish my 500 hrs Yoga Teacher training. The time in India (6 weeks in total) brought me back into my daily ashtanga practice, I met many new lovely people, I taught 2 weeks every morning the Ashtanga Led class afterwards, which deepen my english teaching knowledge to the maximum.
And then on March 2nd I arrived to my new home, Bali. But as well, always when I planned something, at the end everything turnt into something else. I planned to stay 2 nights in Canggu,  then go to Seminyak, Uluwatu, Nusa Lembongan....before I finally move and settle to Ubud. One year later I still live in Canggu and don't plan to move from here anymore :-) Canggu completely got me and after trying to stay 3 weeks in Ubud, I realized that I don't want to live there anymore. Meanwhile I have an own place in Canggu, 2 rooms, bath, kitchen and I feel at home everyday when I open my door and see my lovely hippie crib. My home is very simple but I love it.
It was not easy finding a job here in Bali and everybody who pass by here and always ask me, I want to teach yoga for 3 weeks I just can smile and answer: forget it! You need to stay here for a while as Bali is always testing you and only if you are really ready to tune into this beautiful island with the huge energy, then you will get the chance. I got my first chance at the lovely The Canggu Studio and I am thankful to Alli and Pablo for this chance till the end of my life. But as nothing is constant but change, I left the studio and nowadays I teach two classes everyday in two amazing places in Canggu.
Not going to mention once again that I found such a perfect and lovely family here, a bunch of people from many parts from Indonesia, as well as friends from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

What did I learn from the one year away from Germany?
- Happiness is not having many material things. For me happiness is having less, but spending the most time with people I like, eating, singing, laughing...
- Don't rush anymore. Relax more, spend time with yourself. Job is important, yes, but it's not the most important thing in life.
- Share! Share everything you have. Especially food. And never ever be selfish again. The life rewards you back for this. This is maybe the best thing I learnt from the people here in Bali. Even if they have nothing, they share the last portion of rice with you.
- Do the things you like and never ever give a shit what another people may think about you. I especially mention here my new hair :-) of course I got some messages (from some people I don't even call friends) if I now got completely crazy, especially in my age :-) I just say here: Better be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. And btw I don't care if you like my hair or not.
- People come and go. Not everybody can stay in your life forever. Appreciate and be grateful for those who do, and let go on everybody else who is not supposed to. I talk here about friends.
- Always keep your heart open, everyday is a new day for something beautiful.

Many people ask me when I will come back to Germany. For the moment I don't plan to come back anymore...But I sometimes miss some things, like my parents and friends, my cat and some food so I may come for a short visit.

My 2016 in pictures:

500 Hrs Yoga Teacher Training Goa/India, yeaaaah!



First day in Canggu, Bali



First house mates and friends




Bali Spirit Festival in Ubud


Crazy scooter rides with Ruth


Gili Air again and again and again....



First proper motobike ride


Visa run Kuala Lumpur and Singapore



40th birthday (with swollen eye :-/)



Lieblingsmensch


First surfing (and the last one :-))


Dreadlocks....


and my dreadlock friends :-) loads of Reggae music




and last but not least, my Bali family

























No comments:

Post a Comment