Monday 4 January 2016

Between wanderlust and sadness.....

When it was clear that I am definitely going to leave Germany I was highly motivated. I was happy when I finally quit my job, I was happier when I booked my one-way flight (wow such a great feeling of freedom) and I was most happy when I knew, it's definitely going to be the January 16th. All my friends and family know how much I love traveling and how huge my wanderlust always is. I really wasn't aware how it's going to be but....It hit me really hard.
Leaving all the bureaucracy problems beside....I wasn't aware how heavy it's going to be when you start removing your personal items from your apartment, which you really called home. Much more I had no idea how hard it is starting saying goodbye to colleagues and friends, getting all this lovely messages and photos of them (on top of all this my lovely cousin died after new year's eve). Only to think about it, the imagination of being without my close friends and my lovely cat always brings tears to my eyes. I red a lot of travel blogs, books and articles....I know how to order visa, learned a lot of tricks how to book cheap flights, boats and what place is a must see...But not only one prepared me to leaving sadness.
I realized that in the new year's eve....Everybody celebrated. And me? I had to much drinks...because I was sad and tried to forget...The next day only brought massive headached and lost memories but the sadness was still there :-)
Today I finally signed off my residence in Ulm and when I had a look onto my ID it is clearly written: Danijela, you really go now!
Despite all fears and sadness which I have inside, I am so sure to do the right thing and I am pretty sure that my trip is going to be amazing!











1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am so proud of you, you being yourself!! I miss you and i hope i could meet you soon. I will follow you on your journey. Loves, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete