Saturday 13 February 2016

Ooops I did it again :-)

Done! My 2nd yoga teacher training just ended after 4 amazing weeks. I am now 500 hrs certified Ashtanga Yoga Teacher. We finished the last day with a wonderful fire ceremony, chanting the gayatri mantra and we all tried to be dressed in white. It was challenging, many laughter but also tears, new friends, more knowledge, lot of fun. I really enjoyed the course. But there are always two sides of every story. And I realized that once again when the 200 hrs teacher group left. How sad it was seeing them leaving one after another. You spend so much time with the people and after 4 weeks you have to say goodbye. But how does it one of my favorite quote says?

Goodbye is not forever, goodbye is not the end, it only means I miss you, until we met again..

Safe travels, all you beautiful souls!









The last week was full of yoga practice, we had our philosophy assessment and we had to teach our technical flow. For me as an absolute Ashtangi, this was a big new thing, but my two friends Katie and Danielle did perfect! 
I observed 3 absolutely lovely girls from the 200 hours and I attended their first teaching classes. This was, I guess, my favorite part of the course. They did great and it reminded me on my first teaching, but they did so much better than me last year :-) Simone, Maggie and Katrina, you are going to be great teachers, ladies!
We had backbanding and inversion workshops and I am nearly there with my headstand :-) it works, yes. 








Last weekend we went to a silent party. Danced the night through. I never attended something like this before. You get your headphones and you have the choice to change between 3 channels with different music. 3 DJs are on stage. How cool is that? You have your party and nobody is disturbed. Hmmmm guess this would be great for my hometown Ulm, as so many (boring) people always feel sooo disturbed there....I may write a letter to the mayor :-) 





Yesterday I was asked by my teacher Julia if I would like to stay the two weeks here in Patnem Beach and teach Yoga at our shala. Of course :-) I am so thankful that she offered me that, and feel very gratituded. This is also a great chance to improve my english teaching practice. Thank you, Julia. 
And somethign else? Not really. I am still ok, haven't broke any more toes since I am here (cross fingers). Getting a bit too boring, huh? :-)












No comments:

Post a Comment