Tuesday 5 July 2016

My Bali family

Many of my german friends texting me asking what's new, what are you doing, how was your weekend? At the end I have here as well a kind of routine life. A typical weekend like back home doesn't exist here, and I am happy about it, because everyday is the same, nothing is closed on sunday and nobody is stressed waiting for the weekend to finally have a good free time. You enjoy everyday as it comes. When I not work or eat (which is super often :-) I read my book on the beach, I learn indonesian language (but to be honest I learn the most thru speaking with my local friends and the family where we live), I write my blog :-), going out sometimes and spend time with my international&local family. Spending time with them fills me with happiness and gratitude and today I want to tell you why.
I met my very good friend Noah already two years ago on Gili Air. He did my birds tattoo on my wrist and we stayed in contact afterwards for a while. Already on my second day in Canggu I met him on the street and realized, he just lives 2 minutes away from my home. Noah lives with a big nice group of lovely people, coming from several parts of Indonesia. But what I most like on them here is, that they all care about each other.
I didn't knew this before as unfortunately as I didn't spend so much time with the locals, but luckily I finally have the possibility to do now.
The people here have several jobs, they work more or less around the clock to earn money and mostly they have to care about a family back home as well. No work a day, no earn. And there is no insurance in behind to save it. But you know what? The people are still smiling, they always spend the evenings together, sitting together, playing guitar, singing...And those who earn something a day buy food and they all share together. They even share with me. Feelings like obstinate, selfish, envious and stingy just don't exist here. I like to sit and watch them. Those people taught me what it means being a family, to share and to care about each other, to give and to receive, to support each other instead of keeping everything just for yourself. They accept me in their group and in those moments I wish I could stay forever in this country. My heart belongs absolutely here.




Antoq and Tomy Panjul




GH Family Owen, Nikki, Anja, Yannick and Andy

GH Family Ramona, Lisa, Agustin


Sugara and Eric

Noah and Oman

My crazy brother Antoq


My bro Noah




Owen and Garcia

Beerpong Kings Noah and Oman


Garcia and Oman

Andy

My girls Ramona and Anja

Oman and Noah

Dee and me














No comments:

Post a Comment