Sunday 24 July 2016

Hati hati in Canggu - Part two

In my last post I wrote about my hati-hati (means take care or be careful, and those wise words every local human says to you as soon as you go on the street and especially when you jump on your scooter/motobike) here in Bali. Today I would like to write about our shortcut here in Canggu, where at least once a day a car or motobike crash into the rice paddies. Usually I would never post something about accidents, but those here are, for the moment, just funny and I am happy that nobody got seriously injured. Once you crash in the shortcut you can be sure that you will be presented on "Canggu Community" (a Facebookpage about Canggus daily life).
The shortcut is a small path between Berawa and Batu Bolong (2 parts of Canggu, comparing in Ulm with Oststadt and Söflingen). On that way cars are usually only allowed one way, motobikes are free both ways. Usually, but what means usually here? Nothing! There is of course a proper road to drive around but due to traffic everybody tries to escape it and save time. Everyday cars are driving both ways. The road is tiny and bad, with bumps and holes, and of course too tiny for 2 cars at the same time. But who cares? So and because sometimes people ignore this fact (both, foreigners and locals) pics like this happen almost everyday. Sometimes there are scooter driver as well (and those are definitely only foreigners, mostly girls, no experience driving a scooter and sometimes drunk). OMG! At the end I really feel just sorry for the rice farmers as they lose an amount of rice plants. And the towing car owner is here the big winner! His business may grow everyday :-)
I pray everyday for the people to finally learn something from the things happening there and that never, never a serious accident will happen. And of course I pray for myself not to become a part of the Canggu Community posts :-)

All those pics are taken from Facebook, "Canggu Community"







1 comment:

  1. I was in Canggu in September....I'll remember forever my first time on this fu***** shortcut ! :-O
    So dangerous with cars !

    ReplyDelete