Monday 10 October 2016

small...but painful

Countless times already I managed to break my toes...It happened at home, falling the stairs down, running against a table, running against the bed but mostly I broke them on my travels. Usually hitting some rocks on the beach and the last time, which is the funniest one, was at the airport. I had to put my shoes off at the security check in Munich and at the same time I tried to put my tablet out of my bag, of course it felt down directly on my toe. Pain, pain, pain.
So I was lately wondering that I managed being now 9 months away and having nearly nothing, except some flu and once a food poisoning, I even managed not to get dengue fever (crossing fingers till now) even if mosquitos really love and bite me all the time. A week ago I managed to break a toe for the first time. Yes, here it is :-) So teaching with a broken toe is not that easy, rolling over my toes from the upward to downward facing dog is trully painful. So I taped three of my toes and that helped. Days later I went to a beach party, left my flipflops in my scooter. Remember I was again at the same bar where my scooter got stolen in march, with my flipflops looked inside. Ok this time only my helmet got stolen, luckily scooter AND shoes were there. But I managed to step into a sharp rock or glass, I don't exactly now. A hero that I usually am I tried to cure it by myself.
Note when you are living here: You cure EVERYTHING with coconutwater (everything), Poccari (super sweet isotonic drink, and Papaya leaf juice, if you have flu or dengue), Jamu (natural "antibiotics") or condenced milk "Baearenmarke" if you have some stomach issues :-) aaaah I really love all the local medicine, which really help. But as the cut got infected I went to a doctor. It least I am still a german and of course I have a health insurance, which I nearly never used. Highly recommended: Canggu medical. Super cute and super nice staff. Taking care and asking several times, if it's too painful as the had to cut again and clean my foot sole.
Now I am sitting at my place, both feet injured but hey, yoga still works so everything is going to be alright in some days.
And of course I drink a coconut and will put some tumeric on the injury tomorrow :-) just in case


No comments:

Post a Comment