Sunday 13 March 2016

Around and about...

Living in Canggu is a blast. You are surrounded by so many cafes and restaurants with delicious food, tons of fruits on the market, beautiful ocean, good looking surfer people, super friendly locals. I feel very comfortable here. But even here in paradise, there are some days you rather would like to skip. I miss my family and friends pretty much, I miss my cat and I really miss german pretzels. Nothing in the world can replace them. Still looking to find a job to teach yoga, but every school seems to be full packed at the moment...And I can sit still and do nothing the whole day. I haven't try to surf because I am really scared of the big waves and even trying just to go into the water was an experience. At the end the people who were on the beach had their fun, because the wave ripped off my bikini top and the second one even took my pants :-) I can tell you.....
And finally it starts being me here :-) Usually I break my toes so many times. For now I am still ok, but read below :-)
I stay at a guest house with several really cool humans. Last Thursday, it was the day after niepy we went out to Old Man's to dance a little bit. Niepy is the silent day in Bali. It means nobody is allowed to go outside the house, you are not allowed to cook food, only cold one, no music, no lights, not speaking loud. Even the airport was closed. You can't imagine how many stars you saw that night as the whole island was completely covered in darkness. Really a super special experience.
Dancing with Bintang and flipflops is kind a weird, so Anja (the swiss girl) and me took off the shoes. At 1 in the morning, the shoes disappeared, however we couldn't find them (remember: in Thailand my flipflops came twice back).. We bought some new the next days.
We went out once again on friday....Pretty poison (https://www.facebook.com/Pretty-Poison-407326266122996/)  and afterwards to Sand Bar. Being super smart we locked the shoes into my scooter. End of story: some idiot stole my scooter and of course our new shoes as well. Man, this is so ridiculous!!!! I strong believe in Karma so I guess I might did something wrong to be fined like that. This story will cost me now around 600 Euros. Which means at least one month less living in Bali. But not even this one will stop me. I love Bali and the people here with all my heart and nothing is going to bring me to feel unsafe here. I appreciate the help from everybody here in this case. Especially owner of the guesthouse here and my best local friend, Dee, who did everything to clarify. And at the end it's only money, I am still alive, safe & sound :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment