Monday 2 May 2016

24 hours Kuala Lumpur

My first visa run after 60 days (I already sorted out my first visa in Germany) was coming. That means you have to go out the country. At least you can fly out in the morning and come back the same day, but I wanted to stay one night in Kuala Lumpur and explore the city. So I left Canggu on thursday at 3:30 am (ha super weird being ALL alone on the road on my scooter) and drove to the airport. For the first time I didn't cry at the Ngurah Rai airport as I knew I will be back tomorrow again. 3 hours later I was already in KL. I booked a bed in a Hostel at the Bukit Bintang, the more or less center of KL. And yeah...I couldn't find it :-/....I walked around more than one hour, slowly starting being desperate, as nobody seem to know the place. I started asking myself, if the hostel really exists :-) and in the last moment, when I was already having the idea to find a new place, I turned into this small dirty, old, chaotic road and found my hostel, called Alor Bunker.
http://www.bunkerhome.my
To be honest the first view over my bed was not a nice one....but. I spent the night here, the beds were super comfi and everything was clean and the bathroom was simply beautiful. So I would recommend this place to everybody, even if it takes time to find it :-)
A visit to KL includes of course a view to the famous Petronas Towers. As well as they are impressive at the daytime, the are simply amazing at night. All those lights... I walked a lot around, went to Chinatown, little India, Pasar Seni, Bukit Bintang...Had coffee at Starbucks and an original german beer and a pretzel (FINALLY :-))
As much as I liked Kuala Lumpur, it was strange for me being in a big city after more than 3 months living next to the ocean. It's crowded and loud and to be honest, as soon as I arrived back to my Canggu (and of course I took the wrong way and got lost in the middle of Kuta again) I felt back home once again and yes....This is exactly where I want to stay!














No comments:

Post a Comment