Thursday 18 August 2016

A post for myself

Today's post is going to be a bit different than my previous ones. Usually I try to let you taking part on my daily life but today I want to dedicate this one post only to myself. Why?
It's been now 7 months living abroad for me. 7 months...wow! I have already 2 full diaries, written down all the good and some less good things happen the past months. And today I am sitting outside of my first real apartment here in Bali and a new chapter is starting.
Most of you still remember how long I planned to go away from Germany. Thinking back as well to my first Yoga Teacher training when I struggled with my english, when I had absolutely no idea how to teach and those moment when I thought, aaaah bad idea thinking I could ever teach. It was a long and hard way from me, as my previous boss didn't like my plan (which was leaving Germany and the company for good) and really create special difficulties for me. I went through some rough times with him and today I would just like to thank him, saying see, I did it!!! I realized my so called "south see dreams". I never stopped dreaming and believing in myself. Even if the start in Bali was not easy. It's saying Bali is proving you. Either you stay strong and patient and your time is coming or you give it up and go. There were 2 minutes once when I nearly booked a flight back to Germany, thinking ok I tried, it didn't work, end of story. But this is not me! So I stayed patient, I learnt to be patient here. And now I am proud of myself. I did it! I have a job which fills me up. I love teaching yoga, I am so grateful for all my students in the past months, seing their happy faces and saying to me how much they enjoyed my class. I moved some days before into an own apartment (I will show you more in my next post) and I found friends and family here. Bali is my new home. And today I like to say a big thank you to all my peeps who believed in me and always supported me.  I as well want to say thank you to all those who were laughing about me in Germany, to those who offered me their sofa as I will come back again (and those were not even people I really knew well), to those who wanted to see me giving up :-) I proved you wrong. But mostly I want to say thanks to myself! Thank you myself, that I never gave up my dreams. I am so f....ing proud of me. You just do great!!
This post should not be understood as me being arrogant, I am not. But being proud of ourselves is a good feeling and I just want you to stop for a moment and think about yourself. Look back and realize how many things you reached already, who seemed to be impossible. Sometimes we have to jump out of the comfort zone.
"Everything seems to be impossible until it's done" I love this quote!





No comments:

Post a Comment