Saturday 20 August 2016

New hippie crib

My friend Noah told me about this place months ago....but I was 1. too lazy to move and 2. I felt really well in our guesthouse with all my friends. But all of them left step by step and it started being empty and boring, so I finally decided to move, to start new again. It was love at first sight when I opened the door and had a first look into my first real apartment. Two rooms, kitchen and bathroom inside. A big balcony outside where I enjoy the sunrise every morning, listening to the prayer from the mosque and with a cup of tigermilk in my hand, getting ready to go to work. And it's much cheaper as well as my previous, pretty dark room.
Maybe some of you, who knew my home back in Germany will be surprised that everything is so colorful now (instead of my previous boho white and cream apartment), but Bali is colorful, so the life here is, too. Feeling finally really home in my small and comfy place, with small kitchen (but big enough to cook the best balinese food) and simply bathroom with cold shower (there is warm water but who needs this here?). So I packed my stuff and moved, of course the balinese way, with my scooter.
I finally bought me a beanbag (aaah there's nothing better to chill in), and my friend Andy gave me his surfboard, until he comes back in January. So I finally have my hippie, comfy, cool crib.




Dinner on the floor, eating with the hands (finally managed how to do, without losing all the rice :-)


my chill out area


Essentials you need, blender for smoothies, coconut oil, kurkuma, greentea and all the sauces for my local food


Gypsy jewelery


cold water shower :-) wakes you up in seconds 

small but nice


big bed only for myself (ok and sometimes some mosquitos and geckos)

Living here between locals is simple but cool. I was sitting some nights before outside, watching the stars and I tried to figure out why I feel so comfortable here in Bali. And now I know....I see so many parallels to my small village in Serbia where I grew up. The people are super friendly, the life is simple, you meet people whenever you want, you don't have to make a special appointment (one point which I really hatet in Germany), you share what you have, you are happy sitting with friends, sharing some sweets and listening to their guitar music, and sometimes just being silly with them :-). 


My bro Budy, playing anak pantai (Beachboy). I love getting silly with him, nearly dying laughing always


bro and sista aka Slash and Axl Rose





No comments:

Post a Comment