Monday 29 August 2016

Day off Singapore

Since weeks I don't have a day off (which is pretty good as I do what I love) but there was one day when my visa finished and I had to leave the country. Arriving in the early morning (5:00) at the Ngurah Rai International Airport I stopped in the front and just had a look. Me and this airport are in a complicated relationship (how Facebook would called it). Love and hate. Hate, because earlier when I had to go back to Germany my heart always broke, I was crying like a kid who doesn't get a toy. It was always soooo sad for me to leave the place I love with all my heart. And love because arriving here always brings happiness to me. Even if I know I will arrive some hours back again here, the small sad feeling will always be with me when I have to go to the departure. 2,5 hours later I arrived again in Singapore (my 3. visa run meanwhile). 4 years earlier I stayed 3 days in Singapore, exploring, walking around, ticking the tags on my to do list here. Today I just went to my agent, gave him my passport, a pic of me (with blond short hair, hahaha I wish I could have taken a photo of his face when he had a look at it), all the papers, the money and then I had some hours off.
As this was a kind of holidays for me I decided to be a tourist for the day. So first of all, instead of using metro I took a taxi ride to the city, big comfy limousine just for me :-) and yeah I was surprised how cheap a taxi ride in Singapore is, comparing to Germany. After I met my agent I went to Marina Bay Sands and took, of course, some pictures of me in front of the hotel. Enjoyed an expensive cafe latte at Starbucks (the place I usually would never go in Canggu, as we have sooo many better places to enjoy good coffee), went to Lau Pa Sat https://www.tripadvisor.de/Attraction_Review-g294265-d386879-Reviews-Lau_Pa_Sat_Festival_Pavilion-Singapore.html to eat. Have you ever been there, guys? Highly recommended. Placed somewhere in the middle of the business district, this hall is full of food stalls, chinese, italian, korean, japanese, indonesian, turkish and indian food, absolutely no chance to just decide for one dish. The food is compared to Singapore prices really ok. Being outside of Bali, now for at least six months I really needed to shop some essentials you don't get in Bali. The shopping tour ended with so many things more than I ever thought.
Being back before midnight in Denpasar, with heavy rain and of course my fancy raincoat NOT with me on my scooter, I reached my home around 1 am in the night. Happy being back and having the visa for the next six months in my hands, hell yeah, life is not that bad :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment